Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.)

4 posters

Go down

First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.) Empty First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.)

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Here's Woody's gamertag having a game of Black Ops and as we can see, two of the worst problems in the franchise are just as bad, if not worse, than before.

The Chopper Gunner is ridiculous. Way too powerful. Not to mention that the game repeatedly spawns players outdoors and directly into its line of fire. Woody gets 26 easy kills with the thing.

And the dogs are even worse. They are now a one hit kill instead of two.

Then there's the RC Car. You can get this with a 2-kill streak using hardline, and today I saw someone get a six-man kill with it. Random, luck based bullshit - exactly what ruined MW2.

I for one know I won't be spending another year of my gaming life getting mad at Call Of Duty, so unless Treyarch are true to their word, listen to the community and patch the shit out of this game, I won't be playing it for long.

Second Chance Pro looks like it's going to be more rage inducing than Commando, Martyrdom and Painkiller combined. Watch at 3.26. Not only will you lose a kill, team-mates can revive people in their auto-dropshot last stand, even if they don't have the perk themselves.

Now watch this:

Treyarch have added a mechanic that makes the sights sway erratically all over the place for a second and a half before settling, and during this time you cannot get a kill even if your crosshairs are on the target.

They have not just nerfed Quickscoping, but utterly ruined sniping. They have such a huge sniping community that this just seems like complete madness.

RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.) Empty Re: First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.)

Post  KAS--Will Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 am

It looks like MW2 with a whole lotta gay. XD
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.) Empty Re: First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.)

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 am

KAS--Will wrote:It looks like MW2 with a whole lotta gay. XD
MW2 is no stranger to a whole lotta gay by itself. An awful lot of the things they tried to do to balance the game just make it worse.
Lets just all buy Brink and let CoD die. It's had its time in the sun, now it's time we let it fade away.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

First impressions of CoD: Black Ops (Multiplayer.) Empty wtf...

Post  Alx_R_U Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:28 pm

I played Black ops for less than 15 minutes and I was already pissed. for 1 like KAS--Will said, treyarch completely got the M16 wrong. They put an A1 skin on an A2 model. seriously? How can you get THAT wrong. I looked up how it looks within 5 minutes. Theres a god damn GUN APP on my itouch with more credibility then treyarch.

Second. Im glad they got rid of over powered secondaries. Now there are pistols. But after looking at the STATS theres only 1 pistol thats stronger faster and more manuverable than the rest. IM LEVEL 3. WTF? Point of this game is to get better as you go. Also the currency system is bulshit. You unlock guns but then you have to PAY for them. WTF. Why cant I have it? YOU JUST TOLD ME I UNLOCKED IT. Oh i take back what I said about overpowered secondaries. The crossbow is one.

Jorg. Ur spot on with the sniping its BS. And also you do that little dolphin dive when you are sprinting and go prone. Yeah i feel like im car por-ing for the first few seconds, but after awhile I was just gettting killed when I did it. It leaves you Immobile for a split second that makes it pointless.

And Ive got ONE more thing to say.

http://kotaku.com/5685110/the-floating-apple-that-ruins-call-of-duty

Check out THAT garbage. I can make a better map in halos FORGE. HOLY CRAP. I seriously felt like Treyarch took a dump on the word Call of Duty. It would be like if I were to go into a high class restraunt. And I say to the waiter, "Hey I looked your old food. Its really good. It had its moments but it wasnt bad. But I heard you have something new out. Can I have some?" And then they bring me a big plate of steaming dog crap. Its kind of insulting.

Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 pm

I just played a bit of the single player at a buddies house. It's actually really good. The story is a mindfuck, and is quite clever, and there are some pretty inventive set events. Also, the zombie mode is AWESOME.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Zombies doesn't disappoint, the Singleplayer looks like a roller coaster and at the parts where your supposed to go up hill and calm down you unexpectedly fall of the tracks onto some other tracks and resume the joy ride from there. I like games with action and there's always something to do, but this game makes sure your always occupied. (That isn't a bad thing but every game needs a HUB time). Another complaint, Chopper Gunner... epic fail, too many people get in that thing and automatically become God... I think COD needs to start looking at it's routes and just reward the player with a killstreak, not make them God with a killstreak.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:15 am

KAS--Will wrote:Zombies doesn't disappoint, the Singleplayer looks like a roller coaster and at the parts where your supposed to go up hill and calm down you unexpectedly fall of the tracks onto some other tracks and resume the joy ride from there. I like games with action and there's always something to do, but this game makes sure your always occupied. (That isn't a bad thing but every game needs a HUB time). Another complaint, Chopper Gunner... epic fail, too many people get in that thing and automatically become God... I think COD needs to start looking at it's routes and just reward the player with a killstreak, not make them God with a killstreak.
Sounds good. I see no problem with the CoD4 kill streak rewards.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 am

I must say....I think I like ModernWarafre2 better~
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 am

@Kurusedo did you get Black Ops? If so is that why you've been missing? Because you didn't want me to flam you? Razz
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Man I gotta say... the silencers in black ops are horrible. It completely nerfs the guns. Yeah it should lower the range but it makes it impossible to play. Plus when I play Black ops multiplayer, it seems BORING. Like there is really nothing going on. And when I was playing I felt like I wasnt playing with any other people, then suddenly I would just just die. The maps are all TOO big.
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:17 pm

lol i just thought this was funny
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Alx_R_U wrote:Man I gotta say... the silencers in black ops are horrible. It completely nerfs the guns. Yeah it should lower the range but it makes it impossible to play. Plus when I play Black ops multiplayer, it seems BORING. Like there is really nothing going on. And when I was playing I felt like I wasnt playing with any other people, then suddenly I would just just die. The maps are all TOO big.
They did that to add battle variety in maps. The action is more dispersed, alowing for certain areas to become skirmish hotspots. This allows for players that prefer a stealthy approach to fight isolated from the team behind enemy lines, and for snipers to set specific positions, ect.
Basically its so they can accomodate different playing styles.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Lmao Aix...That video was funny! xD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down