Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story

4 posters

Go down

Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story Empty Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:12 pm

This game sounds better and better! I might add this to my
wanted-waiting-game-list ~ It's so badass, specially the epic
way they all talk! And kill...of course...

KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story Empty Re: Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:59 am

I still fail to see what new or interesting thing that sets this game apart. Looks pretty generic to me.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story Empty Re: Bulletstorm - Developer Diary: Story and Character Story

Post  KAS--Will Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:05 pm

The interesting thing isn't about killing people, it's about how cool you kill them. Which is a good idea, there's only one problem. If you give players, or make them wanna kill enemies in interesting ways, getting interesting kills isn't as special as it is in games like COD4 or Halo: Reach.

Like, lets say in Bulletstorm, you kill someone by picking him up with your whip thingy and throw him into some explosive barrels that OBVIOUSLY sit in the mid open saying "throw guy here" (not that obviously but it's there). That doesn't sound as awesome or as random to me, as throwing a random stun grenade over a building going off right next to an explosive barrel and getting a double kill. Or a random throwing knife.

I guess the score system gives it an arcade feel but, it's whatever, this isn't the 80s. Nobody judges themselves based on their score in MW2, everyone looks at the highest K:D or killstreak.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:10 pm

What I see interesting are the characters and the epic
words in their language. I like that, makes the game sound
funny...which is a thing I like...Also, like KAS said, you
can kill enemies in awesome ways...

Let's take BRiNK for example....
I saw BRiNK interesting because of the SMART system....
You can make epic kills while you parkour like a monkey!
That's one of the things I liked...the other one is the story
line...and finally Multiplayer....finally not a shooter game
with TDM or FFA.....We get to do different stuff online!
While we parkour and free run all around! Razz
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah, but that's what makes Multiplayer awesome. You witness awesome things, you don't need the game to tell you what you did, it's kinda like your friend who states the obvious.

What'll happen: You'll vault over a rail, pistol whip some guy, headshot another, pick up his Grenade Launcher and get a triple while in midair.

In Bulletstorm, and how it's like Captain Obvious...: HEY! LOOK AT THESE WORDS AT WHERE YOUR TRYING TO AIM, YOU VAULTED AND KILLED SOMEONE, OH BUT THEN YOU HEADSHOT'D SOMEONE! NICE!!! DON'T FORGET THE FACT THAT YOU KILLED 3 OF HIS TEAMMATES WITH THEIR DEAD FRIENDS GRENADE LAUNCHER!

I'm not saying this is bad, and it's impressive stuff at the end of the day, it's just... I don't think they should be too proud of that because that's not as interesting as BRINK, Rage, or Duke Nukem Forever. It's neat and innovative, but not a thing to help compete in this market.

The weapons on the other hand, are interesting.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:08 am

Oh...No, no, no...This game is not as impressive as BRiNK...
But it reminds me a little bit about Time Splitters...So I like
it so far....And Rage is an awesome game too...
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:33 am

to me it looks like Duke Nukem of the 21st century. Badass things in a self parody of badass things. I suppose it's a million times better than anoher realistic military FPS. I think we have enough of those to last a lifetime.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Haha! I totally agree with you JORRRG. ;o
BRINK - Rage - Bulletstorm will be epic!!
In my opinion~
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulMcLawl Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 pm

It looks like FPS Gears of War, character wise. I don't think I'm going to get it. I wasn't a big fan of GoW.
Brink, Deus Ex, Journey, and The Last Guardian are on my must have list, in said order.
PaulMcLawl
PaulMcLawl
n00b
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:26 pm

I haven't played GoW up to today....
But I like this game....xD

And BRINK...HAH! Brink is just AWESOME! xD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down