Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request.

3 posters

Go down

Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request. Empty Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request.

Post  KAS--Will Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:34 am

Sarien.net, a site completely dedicated to reviving old Sierra games from your browser, was shut down today.

Upon releasing iPad and iPhone support for classic gaming on the go, Activision and it's lawyers found out about the whole ordeal and forced them to shut down, considering Activision isn't making any money from the site.

The final words of owner, "Martin" are...
[quote="Martin"]Well folks, that's that. It was a blast. So long and thanks for all the fish! Time to restart, restore or ... quit Smile[quote]

The Nazi Party, I mean Activision, had this to say:
Activisions Lawyers wrote:While we appreciate your dedication to the Sierra classic library and understand that you are a fan of these games, Activision has not authorized the development or distribution of these games via your Website. Accordingly, we must demand that you immediately cease any further distribution or exploitation of the Sierra Games on your Website.

The site lasted 2 years and now Activision is sitting on a gold mine of classic Sierra games.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request. Empty Re: Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request.

Post  KuRuSeDo Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:41 am

I read this and I have no idea what Sierra games are. xD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request. Empty Re: Sarien.net closes upon Activisions request.

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Awwwwwwwww Sad
Activision should just have supported them instead, that way they don't get shut down, and Activision gets it's precious, precious money.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Which is exactly why they shut it down. Activision operates like this...

"We could be making money off that? SHUT IT DOWN! STOP IT!!!"
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down