Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

4 posters

Go down

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Empty Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Post  Alx_R_U Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Oct 26th undead nightmare expansion for RDD was released. Downloading it ASAP, I found it was awesome. The entire map has been plagued by zombies, Sasquatches, zombie: cougars wolves and bears! :O (oh my) Rock Star did not get lazy with content on this expansion. Several new weapons were introduced, all being really interesting. There are also new horses as well. The four horses of the apocalypse and a unicorn have been added. (and a dead horse :O)

Just in time for Halloween, the expansion is surprisingly creepy. The atmosphere is changed from sunny dry desert to a foggy dismal wasteland. Rock Star did a really good job making it feel like you were in a true zombie texas-mexico. John Marsten (is that right?) must ride through the apocalypse saving every town from the undead. Ammo is scarce as well, making it really challenging to survive in New Austin. But as you ride around exploding and head-shoting every half witted undead that comes your way, you run into survivors and people in need of help (much like in the regular campaign). You can choose to save, gaining useful ammo, or abandon these people. People that you come to know in RDD all become victims to the zombies as well.

But there are a few cons to expansion.

Yeah its awesome that there are zombies, but I find it kind of sad that Rock Star completely copied valve's left for dead characters. The enemies have only 4 types; Regular zombies, these fast crawling zombies, big zombies that knock you down, and spitting zombies. Could it get any less creative?

Yeah its interesting you have to change your fighting style based on the enemies but it all comes down to shooting them in the head. (big surprise) I find it flawed that the toughest zombies go down as easy as a mediocre undead. This also affected the story. I would watch a 2 minute cut scene basically ending up telling me to go kill someone who has turned into a zombie. But when i finally do, it was never really that hard. There was no real challenge to it. Missions end up being a little boring and anticlimactic.

Multiplayer

There is an Undead Overrun game mode that comes with the expansion. You and 3 other players choose classes, and then fight off waves of zombies. All the while the different weapons and power ups spawn. You basically survive by attaining them. For some reason I feel this is familiar. OH WAIT. Its called nazi zombies. This game mode is like a Frankenstein of left 4 dead and nazi zombies. It feels like it was thrown together at the last minute without any REAL purpose. Yeah you get a lot of exp/money but it doesn’t feel like you are really playing anything new.

Overall I thought this expansion was OK. LOVED the content and atmosphere but NOT the lack of creativity on enemies. I give it an 8.0

By Alx_R_U

Leave a comment/response! I’d like to see what someone else has to say about this.

http://gameinformer.com/games/red_dead_redemption_undead_nightmare/b/xbox360/archive/2010/10/26/review.aspx

Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:15 am

Good post Al, if I had this game, believe me this is where my next $10 would be going...
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 am

Maybe when the special bundle edition comes out.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 pm

RevengeofTHEJORRRG wrote:Maybe when the special bundle edition comes out.

It already is. You can get all 2 map packs for $20.
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:42 pm

How the hell is that a special bundle then? I don't even save a penny... usually when there's a special bundle you can get 2 things for like... $15 or something so you save $5 on one or $2.50 for both. That's just a "Buy all of them, for the same price, just all at once" Edition.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:53 pm

KAS--Will wrote:How the hell is that a special bundle then? I don't even save a penny... usually when there's a special bundle you can get 2 things for like... $15 or something so you save $5 on one or $2.50 for both. That's just a "Buy all of them, for the same price, just all at once" Edition.

I apologize. its all 3 map packs for $20.
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 pm

BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE AL. Smile BTW I fixed your underline. Very Happy

Last edited by KAS--Will on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:24 pm

KAS--Will wrote:BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE AL. Smile BTW I fixed your underline. Very Happy

Please, no foul language! >:O

Anyways, back on topic, I do have Red Dead Redemption and
I don't think I will buy any Map Packs, although 3 maps for 20$
does sound like an awesome deal. XD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:14 pm

I meant special bundle of the entire game and all the DLC!
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Empty Map Packs

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Honestly I find it kind of difficult to actually LIKE or dislike map packs. Sometimes they are fantastic and amazing and under priced but others are sucky and over priced. And sometimes if they really feel like screwing you they are OK and overpriced. They give you enough to draw you in, but not enough to give you that sense of fulfillment from your wallet. What I mean by this is treyarch and THEIR map packs. Its widely known that people play that solely for the zombies but you only get one zombie map per expansion.

Only a few times have I seen map packs actually WORTH something. The ones made by Infinity Ward and Bungie. Most of the time they both fill their expansions with A LOT of content. Like, its actually worth $10.

Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Infinity Ward has only added maps to all their games on XBox LIVE. I think games like Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, and Halo 3 had some good Add-ons. I like Add-ons that act like expansions to games.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down