Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Call of Duty developer announced! And Activision to charge for COD?!

3 posters

Go down

New Call of Duty developer announced!  And Activision to charge for COD?! Empty New Call of Duty developer announced! And Activision to charge for COD?!

Post  KAS--Will Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:37 pm

New Call of Duty developer announced!  And Activision to charge for COD?! 155021-bobbykotick

It's actually NOT Sledgehammer games. After the recent layoffs at Activision and it's developers for games like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk games, their picking up with the Call of Duty franchise and they've founded Beachhead Studios. Activision Publishing president already stated it won't be like Treyarch or Sledgehammer Games, OR Infinity Ward (so that means we won't be getting a good Call of Duty one or a shitty one... kinda narrows it down doesn't it?)

But there are rumors that this studios developers will be making an Online game that will start getting Activision more money than they ever dreamed. That's right, their going to start possibly charging with this "online" game.

An analyst wrote this in an article with G4.

Michael Patcher wrote:"Project Beachhead absolutely is charging for multiplayer," Pachter said. "I'm certain to my core. Activision said they are working on 'value added, premium content that is exclusive. How do you exclude people unless you do it on the basis of whether they pay or not? What are you going to have a bouncer in front of the club where you play the content? The only way it's exclusive is if it excludes non-paying members."
He doesn't know how it will be done yet, but he continues with...
Michael Patcher wrote:"The exclusive content could be pay as you go, or monthly. Let's say Project Beachhead comes up with 'Call of Duty Universe,' and it launches with Modern Warfare 3 and they say 'if you join here's all the exclusive content and exclusive weapons and we'll charge you a dollar a piece.' Or If they say, 'for $5 a month you get unlimited weapons and all the map packs we bring out for Modern Warfare in perpetuity,' a lot of people will say, 'I'm going to buy three map packs for 15 dollars anyway, so for $60 a year, I'm getting all the unlimited weapons and achievements,' so they could do that. I don't know if that's what they're going to choose to do. I'd say $5 a month is reasonable, though."

My thoughts: It's been fun Activision, but keep your piece of shit wanna be Call of Duty's.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Call of Duty developer announced!  And Activision to charge for COD?! Empty Re: New Call of Duty developer announced! And Activision to charge for COD?!

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:34 pm

They better bull out all the stocks (or is it stops?) for CoD 8. It has REAL contenders this year, and if you have to pay for it like that, it better be stellar to the awsomeus max in overdrive.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

New Call of Duty developer announced!  And Activision to charge for COD?! Empty Re: New Call of Duty developer announced! And Activision to charge for COD?!

Post  KAS--Will Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:42 am

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler:
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:44 am

Lmao. "It won't" xD

After I read this I decided to not buy any more Call of Duty's.
If I ever buy another Call of Duty it will be when it prices drops
to $20 like CoD4 and WaW.

I know there will be people that will pay to play...
But I also know they will loose a lot of gamers there.
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Are you kidding. If 11 million people bought Call of Duty: Black Ops, I guarentee by the time the announce pay to play, almost half of those numbers will cease, Activision is more than confident that people will always buy a Call of Duty because RIGHT NOW their dominate, but at the same time, not many developers have tried to take on a Call of Duty game. Now that everyone's got Call of Duty in their sites, it'll be hard to not end it's reign by this year, and I think Activision knows it so their going to get their last hurra!
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 am

I think they've already saturated the market. P2P came a bit late for CoD. I think the super hardcore multiplayer Codders will go for it, but the ones who came into the series with Black Ops will stay with Black Ops for a long time. I think Activision have accidentally made Black Ops the longest lasting Multiplayer CoD game ever.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Not quite. CoD 4 was released in 2007 and it was played a lot until 2009 when MW2 came out.
2 years is a lot. But now, since IW will probably not make a next CoD game Beach something Studios
will create that pay to play game this year... Black ops will last more than 2 years... its free. xD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 pm

I've been playing Call of Duty games since 2003... it's like Halo to me except Halo lasted till last year and it first premiered in 2001... I'm fuckin' done with COD because of Activisions crap.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Same here. Activision is screwing up everything all of a sudden.
Hope Activision gets closed.
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Lol they've been a lot longer than most publishers... they're not going anywhere anytime soon and with a guy like Kotick, they certainly won't in the next few years.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

KuRuSeDo wrote:Not quite. CoD 4 was released in 2007 and it was played a lot until 2009 when MW2 came out.
2 years is a lot. But now, since IW will probably not make a next CoD game Beach something Studios
will create that pay to play game this year... Black ops will last more than 2 years... its free. xD
3 years is actually not long for an online FPS. It would still be going as strong as it used to if it weren't for a new sequel every year. There are PC online FPS's like Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory (that I used to play) that are still going strong and have been out for almost 10 years now.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:54 am

Yeah... because they are good games... like CoD4.
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down