Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screw the Spike TV VGA'10!

2 posters

Go down

Screw the Spike TV VGA'10! Empty Screw the Spike TV VGA'10!

Post  KAS--Will Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Anybody else here notice that this is a crap awards ceremony? I mean seriously? "Best Performance by a Male Actor"??? All they did was talk that has nothing to do with a game's gameplay, fun factor, or replayability even... well maybe replayability if you want to here Sam Worthington rip off Fight Club...

I went through all the lists and listed my favorite games and which ones I think should win... along with which ones I think will win.
(What I want to win will be BOLD, what I think will win will be underlined

Most Anticipated Game:
BRINK or Duke Nukem Forever (Preferably Brink considering Gearbox hasn't released S**T on DNF!)| Gears of War 3

Best Independent Game:
Amnesia | Limbo

Best DLC
Stimulus Map Pack | Undead Nightmare

Best Downloadable Game
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project | Scott Pilgram vs. the World

Voice acting... give it to Kristen Bell because she's cute, and Craig Fairbrass because I love hearing his voice on Crash.

Best Graphics
Red Dead Redemption | Red Dead Redemption

(Skipping a few categories considering I don't play most of them...)
Best Multiplayer
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Seriously, go to Howie's and try it... it's amazing). | Black Ops...

Best Shooter
(Insert a game that includes guns in the First Person Perspective that's actually 'fun'). | Black Ops...

Best PC Game
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty | Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

Real quickly... the next portion confused me... it previously said "Best PC game" but had titles available for both console, and PC. Later there was a Best PS3 Game, and 360... but the PS3 has a multiplatform game in it too (Red Dead Redemption)... WTF?

Best PS3 Game
God of War 3 | God of War 3

Best 360 Game
Galo: Reach | Halo: Reach

Studio of the Year
Blizzard Entertainment | Blizzard Entertainment
(Seriously if Blizzard doesn't win, that's BS... it's about the talent of the studio not, who made better games. Blizzard developed 2 games in 1 year and both are amazing... well IDK about WoW's expansion yet, but 2 games in 1 year... can't go wrong there...)

Game of the Year
Minecraft | Black Ops

Honorable Mention award that should be in the ceremony but isn't.

Best Modification produced by Activision and made by kids with extreme cases of down syndrome and love WWE:
Black Ops - Treyarch Yes their mothers are proud. Smile
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Screw the Spike TV VGA'10! Empty Re: Screw the Spike TV VGA'10!

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:11 am

EXCUSE ME? Stimulus map pack, really? A 15 dollar pack full of a few maps. All map packs are rip offs. I say either Deluge or FIFA 11's dream team thing.
Neiter of those will win, obviously because VGA are always the most mainstream things of the year.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 am

I also wanted to change my best male actor thingy...

The award goes to Daniel Craig, because he's goregous. Very Happy (I'm not gay, I just have a non-homosexual crush on him...I mean just look at him!) Oh yeah and he's a Liverpool fan! Very Happy
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am

Lol bromance, no homo.
You're a liverpool fan?
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 am

There's only one reason why I like Man Utd... and that's because of Rooney... but that was when he was on Everton (another one of my favorite clubs despite losing Rooney). Liverpool, FTW. Razz Yahtzee likes Liverpool too, he did it in one of his episodes and it was hilarious. But I can't remember what episode it was! Sad

Back on topic, What's everyone's favorite games of the year?
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:48 am

WOAH! You CANNOT be an Everton fan AND a Liverpool fan! That is against the rules of English football. Thats like supporting Arsenal and Spurs. Its just wrong.

My fav game so far has been Crackdown 2. I know it didnt live up to most peoples expectations, including my own, but this year has been slim pickin's for me, seriously. Crackdown 2 is doubtess one of the best co-op games there is, and PvP modes as well as KttC and Deluge are absolutely fantastic, but the lack of local co-op or multiplayer, and single player campaign that was worse than Crackdown 1's makes it dissapointing. Well story was better, but story isn't important in this franchise. If you dont have Xbox LIVE, forget about Crackdown 2.
Just Cause 2 gets my second place. Good, but you can finish a conventional game in travel time alone, and buying stuff from the black market is such a pain in the arse. Oh and total multiplayerlessness. Multiplayer could've been great in Just Cause. Wait, did Just Cause 2 come out this year?
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:25 am

Yeah I think Just Cause 2 came out 1st or 2nd Quarter.

KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:27 pm

So whats yours?
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 pm

I tend to like to give games GOTY that stand out above most or improve the series in ways nobody would have seen coming. And since Minecraft is such an impressive game and people have down some down right amazing things with that game, I'd give it to Minecraft. It's only $10, it's hella fun, and I loved it. If that couldn't win or wasn't eligible because it's an "Independent title", Starcraft II hands down.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down