Crytek founder bashes consoles Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crytek founder bashes consoles

Go down

Crytek founder bashes consoles Empty Crytek founder bashes consoles

Post  KAS--Will Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

Cevet Yerli, founder and studio head at Crytek recently did an interview with the UK's Edge magazine, and went out of his way to say, "With 360 and PS3, we believe the quality of the games beyond Crysis 2 and other CryEngine developments will be pretty much limited to what their creative expressions is, what the content is. You won't be able to squeeze more juice from these rocks."

However some console gamers may cry foul, Yerli did do an interview with Kotaku not long ago and basically said PC gaming is just at a slow point, because consoles are getting an edge on it with graphics, but obviously, a computer can be built to handle anything, and I strongly agree when he says PC's are more capable with things. Not just with controls but customization among other things. He went wrong where he said...

"I generally think it's still developers' mentality [that is to blame]," he continued. "A lot nowadays don't consider PC a big issue any more; their [sales] expectations are nowhere near what they are for the console versions. Until the PC market creates comparable revenues, companies are not going to spend enough on the PC SKU of a game."

Because I think (as GI mentioned) the piracy of the gaming community doesn't help or make game companies feel good about selling their games on a PC, when their stolen as easily as they are. No matter what piracy precautions you offer, somebody is going to find out how to crack it.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down