Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes

3 posters

Go down

Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes Empty Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes

Post  KAS--Will Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know who Bobby Kotick is, or what Activision Blizzard is. But your bat shit stupid if you don't know that most gamers don't respect Activision. I personally, don't like them because of what they did to IW, and they could give 2 shits about a game, they just push titles for the money. IE ruin an entire perfect franchise (COD), and even close down whole studios because they didn't meet expectations, which weren't even there in the first place.

So, Activision CEO compared a publishing studio with a console (Sony Playstation 3) saying games have to basically 'get used to it' before it becomes successful... Activisions been around for over 20 frickin' years, and since 2003 have been a frickin' cash hog.

"I have Google, just like everybody else, and I’m of course aware of what the reputation is amongst core gamers, and there’s a narrative that I think has taken over reality to a certain extent. I think there’s definitely some disconnect between the perception and the reality. I would give you a couple of thoughts on that. If you go back in a time machine and read the general tenor in the blogosphere a couple of years ago about Sony PlayStation, it sounds a lot like what people are saying about Activision today. There’s a lot of disappointment in the PS3, and it was overpriced, and they’ve given up on the core gamer, and Sony Blu-ray…all those complaints were out there. It takes time sometimes to win peoples hearts and minds. I was a part of helping them turn around that image through the marketing of PlayStation, but also perception caught up with the reality. The reality is they put out a pretty great product and the versatility has become one of the key selling points, even with core gamers. My point is you’ve got to stay on the train, because the scenery changes."

To summarize that entire quote, he says he has Google... no shit it's free you dumbass. But seriously, he says that the Playstation was a disaster from the start.

I say, not exactly, there were just a lot of XBox 360 fan boys who liked to think their dollar was spent far better than those who had more money than them buying a PS3. So it was basically an envy thing...

Then he goes on to mention that the PS3 passed all that crap through selling well.

Well, it sold well, but not to well, and it took a big ass marketing campaign to turn that around, and PS3 is still XBox's bitch. It is a powerful console, and is more powerful than the 360's, but nobody utilizes the capabilities of the PS3, so it's an internal problem with Sony's own exclusives. Not only that though, but the PS3 wasn't a disaster from the start, fans of the XBox either wanted 1 or wanted the PS3 to be more similar to the 360... at least that's how I felt.

Eric Hirshberg recently became CEO of Activision as of July, yeah, he's up there with Bobby 'Satan' Kotick. All in all in the end, we have to give them credit for being business men, their very successful, but that's only because people are bat shit stupid enough to keep forking them money for crap games. If you want Activision to stop making crap COD's and let the real founders do it, stop buying a COD every year. If you want them to start choosing quality over quantity the world needs to stop buying their games.

Eric Hirshberg is a part of the Kevin Butler campaign that's made the PS3 so famous the last few years. It wouldn't be surprising if Bobby Kotick started acting like a God too, rightfully so... he is the anti-Christ.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes Empty Re: Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 pm

To summarize that entire quote, he says he has Google... no shit it's free you dumbass.
Lmfao! xD

I do not know who Bobby Krotick is...But of what I read...He is a really bad person...xD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes Empty Re: Eric Hirshberg talks about Activision Blizzard bashes

Post  KAS--Will Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:14 pm

He's the owner of Activision, and he's exactly like Vladmir Makarov, he trades blood for money... or in this case, he gives the IW engine to 1st party developers for Activision, and expects money.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Ahh! I see...Some sort f a Gaming Hitler...
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Good comparison. If you've seen the Modern WarGear series on Youtube, you'd find it kinda funny especially if you know who parodies who.

This is the first episode, but you can check out the other 2, I know for sure in the 3rd one Bobby Kotick is the big bad boss, who operates Modern Gear.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 am

What is it with Activision bosses and not keeping their mouths shut? It's like they've been ordered to make themselve's hated.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down