Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made?

3 posters

Go down

[Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made? Empty [Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made?

Post  KuRuSeDo Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 pm

The rumor circulating around the Internet is that Infinity Ward is hard at work on a prequel to 2007s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward, as you well may know, had some major trouble and nearly collapsed after Modern Warfare 2 shipped and lost over half of its team of developers. Infinity Wards parent company, Activision, persevered and Infinity Ward is said to be completely back in action and working hard on a new Call of Duty title.

The natural assumption one would make, is that Infinity Ward is working on Modern Warfare 3; but that may not be the case, according to one insider. The inside source says that Infinity Ward is working on a prequel to Call of Duty 4 which would focus on the story of Simon 'Ghost' Riley, one of the main non-player characters in Modern Warfare 2. The story is rumored to follow Ghosts progress up until he joins Task Force 141, one of the main factions in Modern Warfare 2. Its setting will be in some of the places from Call of Duty 4 and some other places from modern Warfare 2.
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

[Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made? Empty Re: [Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made?

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:45 am

Yeah I heard about this. Here's the thing though, it's the name Infinity Ward that's making it. The actual minds behind the creation of CoD4 are more or less gone, so i can't imagine the prequel having the same spark that makes CoD4 so good.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

[Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made? Empty Re: [Rumor] Modern Warfare Prequel Being Made?

Post  KAS--Will Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:27 am

You beat me to the punch. It was actually rumored way back in 2010 after the Stimulus package was released... the 2nd map pack was scheduled for Fall of 2010, and supposed to come with a "Ghost DLC"...

I read the comics, and am not looking forward to have to change everything I know about Ghost, for a late installment.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

I didn't know about that. And do you guys think it would be cool to
pay $60 for a game from places from CoD4 and MW2, and I also heard it
will use an old engine...So I think this game should cost $40.
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

If by old engine they mean IW3.0, I'd be looking forward to that, but every IW COD has had an improved version of id Software 3, so it'll probably slightly disappoint me... :/ I'd buy it though, but I've been telling anybody, I'm only buying one more IW COD, just to support those who stayed with IW.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 am

KuRuSeDo wrote:I think this game should cost $40.
If Activision do that I will take a shit, spray paint it gold, stick it on the end of a javelin, and throw it at my grandmother.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 am

Oh My! Poor grandmother of yours! D:
xD

Yeah...I wont buy it if they do that...xD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Wait, @Return of the JOOORG... are you saying your grandma's going to be a golden girl when your done with her? Razz

KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 am

KAS--Will wrote:Wait, @Return of the JOOORG... are you saying your grandma's going to be a golden girl when your done with her? Razz

O-HOHOHO! Zing!
You know there's a quote button right?
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Lmao~
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down