Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft Movie

2 posters

Go down

World of Warcraft Movie Empty World of Warcraft Movie

Post  KuRuSeDo Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:44 am

Director Duncan Jones has a lot going for him. He made criminally under-seen sci-fi movie Moon, he's David Bowie's son, and he digs World of Warcraft. He likes WoW so much, he even thinks the movie version of the game will be good.

“I’m hugely jealous of Sam Raimi,” Jones told Badass Digest . “I really believe World of Warcraft could be the launch of computer games as good films. And from the little I’ve read of interviews with him, the way he’s approaching it makes so much sense. It’s what I was talking about – it’s not worrying about how the game plays, it’s about creating the world of the game and investing the audience in that world.”

While my general attitude toward game-movies is "meh," perhaps Jones is right, and a new era of video game movies that are actually good is coming. Sam Raimi doesn't make bad movies (well, maybe Darkman), and Jones himself is itching to direct a film based on a game, not to mention Peter Jackson's interest in a Halo movie, and Spielberg being into games enough to make them (Boom Blox). Maybe we're entering a new era where game movies are more than just cheap cash-in attempts, and instead are extensions and expansions of the game worlds that inspire them.

Sure, the entire history of movie-games says that they suck, but maybe things will change... what do you guys think?
World of Warcraft Movie Rumor-Says-Next-World-of-Warcraft-Races-Revealed
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft Movie Empty Re: World of Warcraft Movie

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 am

Huh? A movie about the several millions of last hopes of human kind? Interesting.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down