Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (The movie)

Go down

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (The movie) Empty Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (The movie)

Post  KAS--Will Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:34 pm

It's very rare I find a game that I think is gravely UNDER RATED. And Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is one of them. Story telling never appealed to me much, but it's basically you, Nathan Drake (Long descendant of Francis Drake) is searching for a treasure that Francis Drake had been looking for before going missing. I never got around to checking out the 2nd one, even though I really wanted too, the release date was merely a month before Modern Warfare 2, and I didn't want Uncharted 2 that bad.

Apparently from what I remember, Uncharted 2 got some big buzz because the story was so deep and unfolded so well, not to mention the singleplayer experience was amazing (and multiplayer was slapped on last minute like Bioshock 2) and was fairly decent, but it just proves, you shouldn't try to out sell a game that primarily focuses on multiplayer, unless your primary focus is multiplayer (Ken Levine created this theory or stated it).

Aside from the game, we shoulda known this time was coming. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is getting it's movie debut. On the bright side? It has a star strutted cast. That's right, Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci, and Mark Walberg are the first announced cast members of the VG-Movie adaptation. Directed by David O. Russell, I grew very angry that Mark Walberg would be Drake, considering he'd have to go over a major make over to become Drake and he already did a terrible job playing Max Payne and I feel an actor should have only one staring role in a VG-Movie as the main PC (playable character).

Indeed Mark Walberg WILL NOT be Nathan Drake. Rumor has it, Nathan Fillion (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/) who stared in Slither and even did the voice for Gunnery Sergeant Buck in Halo: Reach would be the best choice for Nathan Drake. I beg to differ considering I can't think of an actors name, much of IMDB's community wants Joe Flanigan as Nathan Drake, but I think the world can agree on one thing. Shia LaBeouf should not be cast as Nate Drake.
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464335/
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down