Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops

4 posters

Go down

Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops Empty Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops

Post  KuRuSeDo Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

When I read this I said: "This is awesome!!" So I thought you guys would like this.
I know Modern Warfare 2 was a big let down, but this keeps getting better and better.

I have reduced the information on some of the things spoken in here. The link with the
original information is at the end.

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support

Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:
* You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. “JD_2020” & “JD_2020(1)”).
* Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

Custom Games Editor

This basically means that you will be able to go beyond the normal Private Match options.
You are now able to choose what perks, guns, etc. can or can't be used. Once you create
your own game mode you can 'publish' it on something called "File Share" and anyone else in
the world can download it.

In-Game Friends List

We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in game user interface. You’ll be able to browse
Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within
this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending
game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy

You can now choose whether to play in regional matchmaking filters or on a global scale. So what
this means is that you can choose to play with someone from your country or with someone at the
other side of the world. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive while you play.

Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List
interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even
Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige

This one is pretty cut-and-dried. A frequently asked question is, “Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige?” The answer is “NO!” Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, and so forth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the website where I got this information:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/27/little-known-facts-call-of-duty-black-ops-multiplayer-for-ps3/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=cod_blkops_102710
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Kurusedo

Back to top Go down

Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops Empty Re: Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops

Post  KAS--Will Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 pm

There's only one thing I'm handing to Treyarch, is that they do damn good jobs of Mods. They don't make new "installments" to the Call of Duty franchise. I like their idea of customization and the depth of it, but I wish a different developer beat them to the punch (I got the idea in 2008 after I fell in love with naming my guns in COD4, certain ones had lucky names).

Other than that, all these ideas kinda suck... IMO.

Split Screen Online? Why would you want to do that? All my friends ever do when I split screen on Halo 3, is complain that me taking up half their screen is screwing up their K:D/skill or whatever. Their better off playing with a non noob.

I don't really see the point of a friends list in game, there's already a regional match making, so why I'd want to be able to turn that off is beyond me... And emblems don't reset after prestiging, and if they do it was probably just a bug right?

On the brighter side, custom games editor sounds cool, it reminds me a bit of Halo 3, but w/e, it's about time the franchise got pushed in that direction, like I said I wish IW wasn't so busy improving the engine and franchise and Treyarch wasn't so busy watching Youtube videos of 6 year olds who suck and can't drop shot or no scope... in other words Treyarch is getting rid of Drop shots and no scoping... not entirely but their ruining it.

If you think it should be removed, there's a reason why you look forward to Treyarch games...

EDIT: (Nothing personal was meant by that... I just hate Treyarch... XD)
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops Empty Re: Little known facts from CoD: Black Ops

Post  KuRuSeDo Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:15 am

. They said that about emblems because in Black Ops you can create your own emblem now, and loosing it when you prestige is baaad. XD.

...We're still talking about Black Ops right? Not Barbie and friends Coloring Adventure?

KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:56 pm

KuRuSeDo wrote:.

Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:
* You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. “JD_2020” & “JD_2020(1)”).
* Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

????????????????????????????????????????
I cannot even think of any sort of advantade to this.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:41 am

RevengeofTHEJORRRG wrote:

The Facts:

Well I guess your buds don't have to sit there and watch you play a (maybe) MW2 knock off. They get to play the terrible game WITH you! Very Happy
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:34 am

Alx_R_U wrote:

The Facts:

Well I guess your buds don't have to sit there and watch you play a (maybe) MW2 knock off. They get to play the terrible game WITH you! Very Happy
Ahaha, maybe that is what it's for! Welcome to the Rebel Gaming Forums, dude!
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:46 am

Alex and I are buds in RL... we hate Treyarch/Infinity Wards Bitch (that's a more suiting name for them).
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 pm

The Facts:

Xbox 360 gamers are able to have 2 accounts online, just like in Halo.
PS3 gamers had that option too, but something happend and we don't
have that option anymore, only a guest. XD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm

KAS--Will wrote:Alex and I are buds in RL... we hate Treyarch/Infinity Wards Bitch (that's a more suiting name for them).
Don't you mean Activisions bitch? Anyway, while the IW CoD's are all better than the Treyarch ones, Treyarch made the Spiderman games, which are ORSUM!
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:06 pm

True, Infinity Ward is Activisions bitch (along with the Call of Duty franchise). Treyarch is IW's bitch, because it's a total Monkey See Monkey Do scenario with them.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 pm

KAS--Will wrote:True, Infinity Ward is Activisions bitch (along with the Call of Duty franchise). Treyarch is IW's bitch, because it's a total Monkey See Monkey Do scenario with them.
I have to disagree. Treyarch are putting a lot of features in Black Ops that IW didn't, like making shotguns a primary, and so fourth. They're fixing a lot of balance and n00bery issues that COD4 has and MW2 has
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:42 pm

KAS--Will wrote:True, Infinity Ward is Activisions bitch (along with the Call of Duty franchise). Treyarch is IW's bitch, because it's a total Monkey See Monkey Do scenario with them.
I have to disagree. Treyarch are putting a lot of features in Black Ops that IW didn't, like making shotguns a primary, and so fourth. They're fixing a lot of balance and n00bery issues that COD4 has and MW2 has

Yes its GOOD that Treyarch is paying attention to their IW's fan base, but it doesn't make it better. Its just fixing the problem and not really contributing to anything.
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Alex_R_U wrote:Yes its GOOD that Treyarch is paying attention to their IW's fan base, but it doesn't make it better. Its just fixing the problem and not really contributing to anything.

Exactly. IW doesn't have the time to improve the series in terms of fun stuff like editing, customization... they improve the series in terms of gameplay.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuRuSeDo Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:59 pm

You guys really hate IW and Treyarch don't you? XD

Well, I personally think Treyarch is doing a really good
job with Black Ops...I will buy this game...They're doin'
a great job! XD
KuRuSeDo
KuRuSeDo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 pm

No lie, Treyarch is doing a great job. It's just unfair that they think their top dog, and don't give IW credit or anything.

And I guess you could say I hate them yes. Smile
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alx_R_U Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:33 pm

KAS--Will wrote:No lie, Treyarch is doing a great job. It's just unfair that they think their top dog, and don't give IW credit or anything.

And I guess you could say I hate them yes. Smile

Lol you know what is funny is that during the black ops multiplayer video on inside xbox, one of the developers, Dan Bunting (online Director) literally goes out of his way to avoid saying, Infinity Ward or Modern Warfare 2.
Alx_R_U
Alx_R_U
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  KAS--Will Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 pm

I wanna watch that now.
KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down