Rebel Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010: A bad year for NEW games?

2 posters

Go down

2010:  A bad year for NEW games? Empty 2010: A bad year for NEW games?

Post  KAS--Will Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 am

Is it just me or does anyone else think developers are struggling to push the envelope? Every game this year could have easily been mistaken for a mod or knock of the games predecessor.

For starters, Company of Heroes: Online. That's exactly like the original Company of Heroes, except, from what I know; it takes an MMO approach.

Then there's Bad Company 2. Aside from it being total crap IMO, it seemed stuck in the middle of Bad Company and Modern Warfare. DICE clearly and officially is trying to stay in the top spot as the #1 modern shooter (their best was Battlefield 2). Attempting to push the envelope, the Singleplayer felt exactly like Bad Company... which it should with improvements, but it still went for a linear story line, and that's just something that can't be accomplished with Battlefield... not to mention Bad Company was supposed to be a more primarily focused SP game, but in Bad Company 2 they tried to make it more Multiplayer focused again... but as you could guess I think they failed miserably.

Mass Effect 2, however not worst, I found it very hard to tell the difference between a screenshot from Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. The only difference between these 2, that I can recall immediately off the top of my head... no Cooper Laurence.

God of War III... NOT actually anything we've played before, it felt like the previous one in a good way, which a sequel should feel like.

However, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I totally knew this would be a... well not as big as ACII, but not that bad. Which I'm sure it's not, but everything about it looks exactly like Assassin's Creed II aside from it having multiplayer.

Fallout: New Vegas... why isn't this $15 DLC? That's all it really looks like and from what I know plays like, except it's about 10 times more glitched than Fallout 3.

Resident Evil 5: Gold? Seriously? This is $60? First of all, people should be paid to play this crap. Secondly, this is just Resident Evil 5... with all the add-ons and other crap... yeah CRAP!

It would be rude to exclude Super Mario Galaxy 2... like Assassin's Creed, give me a screenshot of either Galaxy 2 or the first installment and I bet you $100 I couldn't guess which installment it is.

KAS--Will
KAS--Will
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010:  A bad year for NEW games? Empty Re: 2010: A bad year for NEW games?

Post  RevengeofTHEJORRRG Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 am

I can't even think of a new IP that came out that wasn't an indie game. Oh except Enslaved, but that's nothing too special.
Oh and vanquish, but that is pretty shitty.
RevengeofTHEJORRRG
RevengeofTHEJORRRG

Back to top Go down